Caring for your candle
Give your candles the love and care they deserve with these easy steps to keep them happy and burning longer.
1. Before each burn, trim your wick to 5mm as this ensures it burns evenly and prevents mushrooming. If your jar goes black it is because your wick is too long. Wait until the candle cools then wipe the jar with a damp cloth to clean.
2. When burning your candle for the first time, ensure you keep it going until all the wax melts to the edge (min 1 hour)
3. Don't burn your candle for longer than 4 hours
4. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish your candles when you leave a room or before going to sleep.
5. Burn your candle on a heat resistant surface.
6. Keep your burning candles away from drafts, children, pets and curtains.
7. For safety reasons stop using your candle once there is 1cm of wax left in the bottom of the jar. This avoids the metal tab burning and causing your jar to overheat and crack.
8. To keep your jar and re-use, pour boiling water into the jar and let cool. Take out the hardened wax from the top then clean the jar with warm soapy water. If you find there is too much wax and you still need to get more out - Boil a pot of water and while on the stove place the empty candle jar in the pot, keeping the water on the outside of the jar this time. Allow to boil for long enough until you see all the wax turn to liquid. Discard wax and wash with warm soapy water.
We hope your candles bring you as much joy as we had making them.